Friday, April 8, 2011

New Beginning

So since our project has started I have been doing a really bad job about blogging! But today we had a really good meeting about how we can be accountable and be a lot more effective about the work that we are doing.

Today I tried to get farmvillebot.net's bot to work on my window's virtual machine, it was really slow due to my lack of memory but it seems like the actions performed by the bot cannot be viewed as the happen just a before and after view of the bots action. I think if we looked at trying to actually show what the bot was doing it would have to be automatically doing clicks instead of the events which would actually be taking a step back from what we have done. The event driven way that we are doing is much more reliable and will work for all users instead of forcing a specific screen resolution, etc.

Today I started on figuring out the flow of the product as it would be by the end of the semester, I also tried to do some research of the web traffic and so on for farmville.com but wasn't able to get the peak times that it is accessed just the user info which i posted on our website.

Hopefully we will continue to make progress, it seems like John got the bot to fertilize a neighbors farm as well as post a message on their farm saying that he did it with the help of FarmAide. Well it's time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment