Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PyQt

After banging my head against installing PyQt on a mac, two-three days later it is done! Let's just say that it requires Qt SIP and PyQt to be installed and then you have to make them see each other and then you have to make sure that all the tools of PyQt got installed... It was a lot more trouble than it should have been!

But now that I am working with Qt Creator it seems pretty nice. I would like a button here and a text box here and when this button is clicked I want this to happen. I haven't ever worked with a GUI builder like this but I think it is a really useful tool. You then save the .ui file that you are working on and then through pyuic4 you can convert it to a py script!

Now I need to figure out a way to create a class with it and to hook it all in to the current code. We will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment