Friday, April 15, 2011

New GUI up and running

So on Wednesday and Thursday I was able to get the main tab of the new gui finalized. This included hooking up the GUI to the previously working code. One of the things that we ran into, which was fixed by John was that QT widgets were returning QStrings instead of just normal strings, so we were getting errors when trying to plant crops.

Amr and Ryan created a script that would get all of the available crops depending on the user's level, I hooked is up to the new GUI but found out that some of the item on that list are seasonal items and currently aren't valid. I believe that some items have a 'date of availability' variable that we can check, that will fix that issue. We will see

I also tested the keep mac awake script. It seemed to work. The only problem that I had was that my charger is spotty so while I thought my computer was charging it actually wasn't so it died in the middle of the night.

I did find some error and took some screen shots of the errors that I was getting last night, hopefully we can figure them out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment