Thursday, February 24, 2011

Project Selected!

On Wednesday the class chose which projects were to be done. And then we divided ourselves into groups. It was a pretty interesting process of voting for which projects went through. I was extremely surprised at the fact that most of the people in our class didn't put their 5 votes on their blog. The professor did say that there was a lot of noise in it. So who knows.

I was able to make it into the JH proposal group. Here is our team:
Amr Saad
Ben Russell
Jacob Hobbs
Justin Dawson
Ryan Hammer

I think we have a really good group and that we will be able to make this project happen!

Today we had our first meeting and we talked about how we were going to carry out the project. We decided on doing a Scrum development technique, none of us have had first-hand experience with it, but we think we can be successful. I went ahead and created a website using google sites. I tried to do a wiki page using mediawiki but I was having difficulty setting up a mysql database, and I found an easier solution which I think will be very effective in carrying out our project. The website is here and the rest of the blog regarding the meeting is on the webpage here.

So far there is still a lot that is still the default stuff that came with the template that I decided to use but it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment