Sunday, February 20, 2011

Voting Schemes

The past couple of days I have been thinking about different voting schemes. Did a small amount of research on voting schemes. And I think the best way to vote for our project since we will have 5 winners is to do a ranking of all of the proposal, add them all up and then take the lowest 5 scores. This method doesn't seem too plausible for our class though, I think it would take too much time. So instead of ranking all of them, maybe having everyone choose their top five choices. Then tally the number of votes for each project, the projects with the top five number of votes win.

As we finished with the presentations of the proposal I wanted to change the order of some of the proposals. Some of the changes will be made based on the answers (or lack of answers) given to questions. Other changes after putting the faces of people with the proposal and thinking back on their previous work. I think Monday we will decide on which projects get selected, then the real work will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment