ALH: Dragon Rise- Interesting idea, big user base, looks as if preliminary steps have been taken which is definitely a plus, would be fun to work on.
JD2: Un Dressing Room - really novel idea, neat to work with the Kinect, might not be plausible if there isn't a helper to interpret Kinect raw data. Otherwise would be a neat project while still being challenging
KN: Recipe Organization for food bloggers- seems like it would be really useful, doable for the project
CJA: Mega Man -ish iphone game- interesting game, and it doesn't have zombies so that is a plus. I like the classic idea, fun to work on.
MM: Zombie Side scroller - possible, interesting, big user base.
DH: Class Match - Useful Idea, big user base. Just as long as it doesn't end up like Facebook!
LAG: Zombie Earth- novel idea, may prove to be difficult, if intel couldn't figure out how to get the buttons to work, we probably can't, but maybe, just maybe...
JD: Thaumaturgy- It's mine, therefore I can visualize end product, may be too easy for the scope of this class?
TDG: Room Scheduling - possible, useful
RH: Restaurant Buzzer- possible, waiting is waiting, not many are going to leave the restaurant and do something then come back.
NS: Locus Log- interesting idea, but I can see it as ending up with a lot of SPAM, how do you select between what is a good note and what is a bad note.
GIA: Voice launching application - not really novel, previous work seems to do more than this, and it comes free on many operating systems as an accessibility feature.
AS: Social Networking Android- possible, interesting idea, but not too novel.
IG: Arduino Learning- hard to understand what it will actually do.
ANS: Miltary app- pretty dry (for me it won't be very enjoyable to work on), not a very big user base.
E: Tournament software- also pretty dry, not a very big user base.
DWS: Stamp Collector - even smaller user base, classic database project, for me it is dry (won't be very enjoyable to work on)
VS: Workbook- really abstract and general, I can't really see what a finished product will look like.
AR: Pattern - seems pretty abstract, image processing , to me, seems pretty icky.
K: Curtain fire- uh what? No idea, not enough info to know what this project even entails.
Expensive Ideas:
AH: Automation System with Remote Control- really neat idea, could definitely see a use in real world. But cost isn't too reasonable for parts for a school project.
JD1: Nth Sense- Good novel idea, probably too expensive for materials.
ED: Dynamic Traffic Control System: not plausible for a class project.
Anything that is not listed is because I didn't really care for the idea, there seemed to be a lot of social networking/chatting ideas, which are all the same to me, but current implementations are done pretty well and users are comfortable with them.
Sup nerd,
ReplyDeleteThis is one place I didn't quite expect to end up after Googling for "Dragon Rise." It's nice to see someone take an interest in my proposal -- thanks.
For what it's worth, you have one of the better proposals, and I think it's probably the best game idea on the list. It's quite creative for a class video game project. The friends I've talked with all like your game a lot, too. I think it stands a good chance of making it through voting. It certainly deserves to.
Good luck.